On May 23, 2017 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Prime Consulting International LLC with the Law firm of Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP will be presenting a webinar.
Legal compliance and an effective information security strategy are two of the most important data security issues facing boards and management of financial institutions, asset managers and other companies. David Lallouz and Michael Riela, partners in the Cybersecurity and Data Privacy practice group of Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP, will discuss recent important regulatory developments and considerations in the data security field. Arnold Felberbaum (the former Chief Information Security Officer of AIG and Reed Elsevier) and Stewart Koenig, Managing Director, both of Prime Consulting International LLC, will discuss boards’ and senior management’s obligations regarding cyber preparedness and response, risk assessments and technical requirements.
We will cover the following topics
1. Background on the scope of cybersecurity risks to the financial markets and the impetus for broad regulation.
2. Overview of the legal and regulatory requirements imposed on financial institutions, asset managers and other companies.
3. How the recent New York State Department of Financial Services cybersecurity regulation impacts both financial institutions and companies that are not regulated by the NY Department of Financial Services.
4. Key information security strategies (e.g., executive accountabilities, technical requirements, risk assessments, required reporting and vulnerability assessments).
5. How asset managers and other intermediaries can address the increasingly stringent data security demands from investors, including investor demands for increased documentation, employee training, and diligence on third party vendors.